Sunday 12 February 2012

So, tell us about yourself...

This blogging thing is quite addictive!

I suppose I should let you know a bit more about me...

I have an unashamed love for the United States of America: It is my promised land. I have always found America to be magnetic in it's culture, it's people and it's geography. Brochures and Tv shows do not do it justice. I took part in an International choir tour around Canada with my school in 2004 and ever since have returned to a different part of North America every two years. I have been lucky in the fact that I have a large family peppered throughout the country and one day hope to build my life in New Jersey or California. I find America's history colourful and exciting, particularly the early 20th Century decades such as the 20's and 30's which brought Art Deco, Prohibition and also lead to the great depression. Not surprisingly The Great Gatsby is at fault for my indulgent dreams.

Aside from my stars and stripes obsession, I am at home behind the wheel. I probably could tell the make, model and possibly even engine capacity of a any pre 1992 car before it came into view by the time i was 3. Instead of writing about topical curriculum literacy, I would form endless prose containing the adventures of a Mk 2 Ford Fiesta. I can still, to this day distinguish a vehicle by it's headlights in the dark, or it's age by trim level and badge font. I have been driving for four years, and in that time have owned four cars. No, I haven't written them all off, I'm just like Jay-Z: On to the next one. I dislike Ferrari and don't care much for Lamborghini. I don't see my cars as a means to get from A to B, because I want to get to C, D, E right through to Z - And I definitely dont want to live life in the slow lane.

I'm highly materialistic, opinionated and probably quite cringey to go with that BUT I'm just doing me. Drake hits the nail on the head...

"I want the money, the cars and the clothes, the hoes, I suppose, I just want to be successful"

I'm also about my nearest and dearest. I don't believe a lonely life is a happy one - that's not to say I NEED company 24/7, I don't. But I do appreciate and love having loyal, trusting, caring friends and family who I know will hold me down, like I will do for them too. If I am not with these special people, I'll be behind the leather bound wheel of the love of my life...


No comments:

Post a Comment